- Major investment in nuclear research facilities announced 12 Dec 2013
- Climate conference hears calls for urgent action 10 Dec 2013
- Study aims to better predict West African climate 06 Dec 2013
- AMEC-Dalton partnership announced 05 Dec 2013
- New environment centre for oil and gas research 03 Dec 2013
- From Lab Bench to Backbench 02 Dec 2013
University of Manchester scientists win the Nobel Prize for Physics
Professor Andre Geim and Professor Konstantin Novoselov have been awarded the highest accolade in the scientific world for their pioneering work with the world’s thinnest material.
Queen's Anniversary Prize
Details about events and activities related to Engineering and Physical Sciences.
One of our key research themes at Manchester is Energy. Research and teaching is carried out at Manchester across a wide range of areas centred on the themes of energy resources, production, transportation and consumption.
New International Research Centre for Advanced Materials
The Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences is made up of nine schools that offer a huge range of Undergraduate study courses.
Visit our school websites to learn more about the strong community of research and study at Manchester University.